Construction began on Battery 112 in March of 1942 and it was completed in June of 1943 at a cost of $1,369,528.61 in period dollars. One of the guns was a M1 (serial number 73) manufactured by the Bethlehem Steel Company. The other was a Mark II (serial number 92) manufactured by the U.S Navel Factory in New York. Both guns has a length of 68 feet and a range of approximately 24 miles. Battery 112 faced a bit to the West than the other 16-inch gun battery so that, between the two, they could provide close to 180 degrees of coverage along the coast.
This battery was retired by 1957 when the base was transitioned from the Army to the Air Force. Not used by the Air Force, this bunker still contained the original steel doors, overhead tracks to move the ammo and other artifacts that could be dated to the Coast Defense period when the property was transferred to the State of New York in the early 80's.
But by then the rain and weather had taken quite a toll on the steel and metal components. In the early 90's the local fire department was conducted fire training inside the bunker. In order to open the grounds to the public the bunker had to be sealed since it is now in a state of decay.
The color images below show what was left by 1987 of the ammo rails (used to transport the shells from tunnel storage to the guns), the gun placement openings and the connecting tunnel. The color photo of the 16-inch gun is for reference. All of the armaments were removed from the property at the end of World War II.